Friday, September 4, 2009

Top Works on Biography

Dr. Johnson, authoritatively




Well, Lecture 1 is nearly done, and only took about 3 times as long as it should have. There are still needling little tasks to be added on, like the addition of slides with passages from the Xiang Yu biography, accompanied with tips on reading biography. Also I need to write out a sentence or two of each bit of the slide-show preview. Still, I feel strongly the impulse to move on and get started on the next lectures.

One week from today I have to deliver a lecture that is yet to be written! Stress!

Meanwhile, my background research is looking more and more fun. Oh, how I wish I could simply read books, and not have to respond to them either in writing or by teaching.

The Study of Biography, A Brief Bibliography

Samuel Johnson. Rambler #60. October 13, 1750.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Terms and topics

About Me

My photo
We are all wanderers along the way.