Monday, July 19, 2010

Return to my Dissertation

Yang Jiang's family, 1927. This is the setting of the first part of my dissertation.

It's always so difficult for me to work on what I'm supposed to work on! But I'm back at last, to tackle my dissertation. This first section is intended for publication with Biography, though it has grown a bit too long, and it seems difficult to predict if it will get in or not. I definitely want someone to read it over for me before I submit.

Notes, bibliography and all, this article adds up to about 7,000 words. My goal is to flesh out the two remaining sections to the chapter in the next two weeks, 15,000 words a week, totally up 30,000 words, which I'll then edit down to a draft that ideally will be 10-15,000 words in length, for a total length to this chapter of some 20,000 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Terms and topics

About Me

My photo
We are all wanderers along the way.