Friday, March 20, 2009

He's My Concubine

One of students in my advisor's course on "the Fantastic" asked if she could write a story in Chinese for the first paper. P. and I both said yes. Later, she asked me in Chinese, "Is it okay if I write a yaoi story? You know, that means two guys..."

And so I got my first glimpse of Chinese gay fantasy romance, called BL xiaoshuo (Boy-love fiction), GL xiao shuo (Girl-love fiction), and also shenmei xiaoshuo. Shenmei 沈美 is from the Japanese, tanbi, apparently meaning highly aestheticized homoerotic fiction. Searching these terms on Google takes you to BLGL.cn, which is a mixture of translated Japanese materials (including videos) and original Chinese stories. Most intrigued by these original stories, I started reading a random one called "He's my Concubine!" (Ta shi wo wangfei 他是我王妃).

"He's my Concubine!" features the love affair of Xiafeng, King of the Qilin (unicorn-type thingies), who lives in Outworld, but quickly comes over to the world of men in search of his favorite concubine, who apparently died and was reborn as a boy. The boy, Changsun Mingde, is a hot 17-year-old kungfu student. Xiafeng dresses up as a beautiful woman and sets out to woo his concubine once again. Various plot shenanigans ensue, in which boy meets "girl," strict Confucian parents force boy and "girl" to marry, and "girl" proceeds to basically bang the crap out of boy every chance she gets. (Boy eventually becomes preggers, which is a bit odd, but apparently has something to do with qilin blood..)

A wee bit o' translation:

一个几乎要让长孙明德窒息的深吻之后,夏峰探头过来,咬住他敏感的耳朵,来回抿舔,身下动作又加大了几分。

After giving Changsun Mingde a kiss that all but throttled him, Xiafeng moved his head up and away so he could nibble furiously at Mingde's ears -- oh such sensitive ears! As he licked and kissed, the rhythmic movement of his lower body also quickened.

Hot! Now I'm finally gaining Chinese vocabulary for teh buttsex. It's about time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Terms and topics

About Me

My photo
We are all wanderers along the way.