Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Peeking back at Chinese Politics



Bo Xilai 薄熙来, China's "maverick" leader (rightmost, shedding a tear with the elders. I think I see the memories in the shot too...



It's definitely time to start reading about the very top of Chinese politics again, in preparation for the transfer of power in the next couple of years. A line in this story caught my attention.

Bo got to where he is partly because he is the son of Bo Yibo, one of
China's "eight immortals" - the tag for an exalted club of revolutionaries
who lived long enough to stamp their marks on China's reform era history.


I'm not sure what I'll be doing with this yet, but the buzzword is: "generations."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Terms and topics

About Me

My photo
We are all wanderers along the way.