Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Monday, November 30


Xie Bingying at the scene of slaughter: Changsha, 1937. Photo from here (lots more at this bbs).


After hearing Charlie Murphy talk about how important daily notes were to his self-improvement as a comedian, and then watching Vice President Joe Biden talk about tracking government spending at recovery.gov, I decided to try to make this blog a bit more rigorous in the following ways:

1. I'll leave a note reporting my progress every single day.
2. Like Charlie, I'll report on "what I did wrong," and try to improve.

November 30 was the last day of November. I returned from break and spent Monday morning preparing my second lecture on Lao She, which went quite well. In the afternoon, I talked with the faculty a bit about my course for next semester. Later, I struggled to be a productive in the pile of grading that I needed to do. I didn't work at all in the evening. As usual, time seems to be my biggest enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Terms and topics

About Me

My photo
We are all wanderers along the way.