Monday, March 29, 2010

Week 10: More Anxiety



"Sweeping away illiteracy," China, 1952. From what looks like a nice article on literacy programs.


Last week, I failed to finish my translation once again -- I have a terrible block on it, there's no avoiding it. It's not that I don't know how to translate it, it's just that I can't sit down and work on it. A psychological problem revealing itself. Anxiety about working on my dissertation, clearly!

That ends this week. Goals: finish the translation, at least 5,000 words onto my dissertation (caveat: that means probably 500 words that will be salvageable in the end).

I'm also going to work in film and book reviews here as I feel necessary. This is motivated by the McKee seminar, of course, and my interest in documenting as much of my experience of story as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Terms and topics

About Me

My photo
We are all wanderers along the way.