Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Week 9: Anxiety Time



I return from the desert outpost ready to serve.



Well, spring break 2010 may not have been the most enjoyable experience, but it was the most educational. No strike that -- despite its ups and downs, this was the best spring break ever, I think.

I return from the McKee story seminar with too much work and not enough time. And that seems just about right to develop my story. Its a timeless tale of a quest to succeed against all odds, one that reinforces the most basic values: discipline, hard work. It could almost be mundane or trivial, but because I know how to avoid repetition, how focus in sharply on the turning points in the struggle, there is the powerful sense that this a fight with real risks that is nevertheless worth carrying on. We can be heroes!

Goals this week:
  1. Submit registration for IABA Conference.
  2. Finish Yang Jiang translation, making a quick Step Outline along the way
  3. Keep going over my notes on Story and keep it active in the mind....
  4. Finish final editing of the classical poetry paper


No comments:

Post a Comment

Terms and topics

About Me

My photo
We are all wanderers along the way.