Saturday, January 23, 2010

Book Note: Worlds Apart: Recent Chinese Writing and Its Audiences



Random Image from the Ricci Map: Texas/Mexico



Lee, Gregory. “Review: [Worlds Apart: Recent Chinese Writing and Its Audiences, edited by Howard Goldblatt].” The China Quarterly, no. 124 (December 1990): 744-745. I had no luck finding anything quickly in English about the Gao Yang novel Qing gong wai shi (Secret History of the Qing Imperial Palace), but I hit on a valuable essay volume. I feel like my dissertation should also answer to the issue of what has Chinese literature done well in the past 40 years, and what are its limitations. I feel like my own readings, though less voluminous than more mature scholars, can provide a needed alternate perspective here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Terms and topics

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We are all wanderers along the way.