Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Morning at Tretter: We'wha and a Bubbe




Progress is slow but steady at the Tretter collection. People like S., A., and of course Jean himself are all always asking me to do different tasks - hopefully at the same time. I'm trying to learn to simply embrace the chaos and take my focus when I can.

A we'wha and a Bubbe:

Task 1: Prepare Supplemental Materials to a Holocaust Concert at the end of this month

In addition to panels on Nazi persecution of Gays and Lesbians and also Magnus Hirschfeld's Institute for Sexual Research and its downfall at the hands of the Nazis, I'll include foam-board printouts of Hinda Kibort, a boy who apparently was a Holocaust victim at Dachau, and the full chart of all the pink triangles, yellow stars and other symbols the Nazis made the persecuted wear.

It bothers me a little bit that we don't have more to say about lesbian victims of the Holocaust specifically. I hope add to our panel some mention of the new study by someone named Xenia Bussi on this topic. Unfortunately it is German so I can't say much more at the moment.

Task 2: Scanning Two Spirit Image

To be posted...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Terms and topics

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We are all wanderers along the way.